Effective Date: January 2019
1 Type of information we collect
1.1 Information you provide to us:
1.1.1 When you create an account and profile(s). When you create an account with us, you provide your name(s), email address and password. Your password is stored as special “one way hash” code and can’t be decrypted; when you create a profile, you provide names, gender, birth-year, prescription (including image of prescription), photo for try-on.
1.1.2 When you make a purchase and/or provide information or feedback on your previous purchases. If you make a purchase, you may provide us all the information needed for a profile and additional information such as phone number, shipping address, images of your face and your current or previous glasses.
When you make a purchase using your credit card, your credit card information including credit card number, type, expiration date, billing address are submitted to our payment processor directly. Our payment processor, which is required by credit card issuer to meet specific security requirements, will collect, store, and process your credit card and other payment information on our behalf using industry-standard security measures. We do not collect or store any payment card information other than last 4 digits of your card for identification purpose.
1.1.3 When you contact us. If you contact us by any channel (phone, email, chat, etc.), we may keep a record of your contact information and the content of the communication for later reference. We receive responses to any survey that you choose to complete for us.
1.2 Information we collect from third parties
1.2.1 When you use third party login. When you login via third party (such as Amazon, Facebook), a default account is also created on our website, your name and email address are provided to us by the third party. Your password of the third party will never be shared with us.
1.2.2 When you make a purchase using third-party payment. When you make a purchase using third-party payment system (such as PayPal or Amazon Pay) directly, none of your payment account information is shared with us, we only collect and store the transaction reference information from the third-party payment system.
1.3 Information we automatically collect
1.3.1 Access logs and usage information. We may record certain information and store it in log files when you interact with our site. This information may include computer/device and browser information, internet protocol (IP) address, URLs of referring pages, and search terms.
1.3.2 Information from cookies and similar technologies. Our site may use technology such as “pixels”, “tags”, “beacons”, and “cookies” that allow us and our service providers to collect information about how you use our website.
2 How we use your information
- Provide and improve our services.We use your information to provide personalized frame selection, recommendation and overall shopping experience; we may also use combined information provided by you and other customers to understand how our website is used and improve our services.
- Order fulfillment and personalized product.At Payne Glasses, we try very hard to make comfortable glasses for all of our customers; every face is unique, so we rely on all the information you provide to make and adjust your glasses.
- Communicate with you. We may have questions about your order, or need to follow up with you after you have contacted us, and share with you about our new products if you are opt-in.
- Other Internal uses. We may aggregate our customers information to help us set our business directions, new product trends, etc. and allow us to service more customers better.
3 How we share your information
- Third party service providers. We may disclose some of your information to our contractors, affiliates and other service providers who provide certain service to us on our behalf, such as fulfilling orders, processing payments, operating our site, analyzing data, providing marketing or consulting services. These service providers will only have access to the information needed to perform limited functions on our behalf.
- In connection with business transfers. We may choose to buy or sell assets. In these type of transactions, customer information is typically part of the business assets that would be transferred. If we are acquired, or we go out of business, enter bankruptcy, or go through some other change of control, the information we collect could be one of the assets transferred to or acquired by a third party.
4 What you can do with your information
Through your account pages, you can view, edit and delete the following information you have provided to us: name, email address, password, shipping address, billing address, phone number, profiles, prescriptions.
Please note our email communications are categorized as “transactional” and “marketing”. If you decided not to receive our new products or special offers, you can “opt-out” from your account page; but you will continue to receive emails about your orders or website system functions such as “password reset”.
5 We are committed to protecting your information
We understand the sensitivity of the information you may give us, so we are very serious in protecting your information. We take many security measures to keep your information safe, these include but not limited to physical, electronic and procedural. Unfortunately, even though we use the commercially reasonable efforts to product your information, we cannot guarantee the complete security. Any information that you provide to us is done so entirely at your own risk.
6 Children Under Age 18
We are especially sensitive about children’s information. Do not use this site if you are under the age of 13. The website is not intended for children under age 18. If you are a parent or legal guardian of a child, you may use our website on behalf of your child, and we may collect information necessary (such as prescription) of your child to make and deliver our product.
7 California Privacy Rights
If you are California resident, you can ask us for a notice identifying the categories of personal information (as defined by California Civil Code Section 1798.83) we share with third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to email@example.com. Please note that we can only respond to one request per customer each year.
9 Contact Us